Once again, we will have six to eight Junior Lifeguard positions. These positions are unpaid, volunteer positions and will be support staff for the lifeguards. This is a great opportunity for young teens to gain real world experience, teamwork, and accountability. Candidates can expect to be assigned no more than 8 hours per week. Their duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting with front desk check-in
- Assisting members with chairs, tables, etc.
- Ensure BBQ area is adequately stocked
- Enforce Club play area rules (sport court, volley ball court, playground area)
- Picking up/taking out garbage
Requirements to apply:
- Applicant must be at least 13 years old by April 1, 2018
- A member of the Cabana Club
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Ability to participate in the Junior Lifeguard course offered through the City of Sacramento Parks and Recreation, see link below. Classes will be open for registration in April. Cost of course will be paid by the club.
- Complete the employment application, attached below, and email to email@example.com by April 15, 2018.
Application (DOC / PDF)
City of Sacramento Parks and Recreation Junior Lifeguard link: http://portal.cityofsacramento.org/ParksandRec/Recreation/Aquatics/Programming/Junior-Lifeguard